Saturday 19 March 2011

COLOUR 101: ALL WHITE EVERYTHING

101 Ideas: Colour by Vinny Lee says as a rule "...If you're using white, whether on hard or soft surfaces, you should make sure you keep it well maintained.  If a white surface becomes grubby or stained, it is instantly noticeable and will make the whole room look shabby.  Choose machine-washable white fabrics wherever possible so that you can easily keep them pristine and wipe marks off woodwork as soon as you see them."

How beautiful is an all white room?  Unless you live on your own completely free of mess, or in a mansion where the rooms are not lived in but used for pure admiration; having a white room is simply unrealistic. The upkeep and maintenance is simply not worth having such a room. Also, in order to prevent the all white room from the awful hospital feel, natural light must be in abundance to highlight all your white pieces. I love the way an all white room looks fresh and feels airy like a cool summer’s day. I always picture myself living in an all white home; I'm not talking about all the different shades of white either but that crisp fresh white with no undertones.  Then I think about dust, everyday dirt, accidents and spills and how upset I'd be when my crisp whites, look more like dingy greys. That's usually the thought that makes me quickly change my mind and think ummm, better stick to some colours!

I thought I'd let us enjoy some pictures and pretend if only for a moment that we live in such beautiful 'white' homes: 
Photobucket
Photobucket 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment